Postgraduate Trainees and doctors aiming for a career in Trauma & Orthopaedics
Candidates preparing for postgraduate Orthopaedic Exams , including the following
• FRCS (Tr&Orth) exam – UK and International
• EBOT exam
• SICOT Diploma
Suitable for candidates in all stages of exam preparation , from early preparation for written exams to those preparing for the Clinical and Viva components .
• Identify areas of knowledge which may need further study and understanding.
• Exposure to many types of questions and topics .
• Cover high yield topics and difficult concepts .
• Greater understanding of where to focus study prior to the examination .
• Study tips and tricks .
Structure of the Course:
The Course aims to cover the Basic Sciences section of the Orthopaedic Curriculum.
Divided into modules of common basic sciences themes
Each module includes:
- Lectures and tutorials focusing on particular aspect of the Orthopaedic Syllabus
- Detailed & concise revision notes of relevant concepts
- MCQ assessment with feeback and answers explanation
Module 1 – Fractures healing & Non-Union
Module 2 – Tribology & Biomechanics
Module 3 – Bone structure , metabolism and metabolic bone disease
Module 4 – Tendons & Muscles & Nerves
Module 4 – Orthopaedic Imaging & Theatre Design
Module 5 – Gait Analysis & Genetics
Module 6 – Statistics & Ethics & Healthcare Management
Module 7 – Orthopaedic Appliances , Prosthetics and Bone Cement
Module 8 – Bacteriology & Infection & ThromboEmbolism & VTE prophylaxis