- Medical Students
- Junior Doctors : Foundation Doctors , Core Trainees , Trust Doctors , Clinical Fellows , Residents
- General Practitioners
- A&E doctors of all levels
- Useful aid to prepare for MRCS & MRCEM Exams
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- All other Healthcare professionals with an interest in Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal care
Key Learning points:
This course is designed to give an overview of the following :
- Essential orthopaedic conditions
- Clinical scenarios and case discussions
- Practical skills that a doctor or practitioner may encounter while working in Trauma & Orthopaedics
How it works:
The course is delivered as a series of themed modules to cover the essential Trauma & Orthopaedics knoweldge and skills .
You can take each module and complete the assessment at your own time .
Successfully Complete 12 modules to recieve a full course completion certificate (Equivalent to 12 CPD hours)
The CPD certificate is provided by Orthopaedic Academy and approved by the Royal College of Surgeons .
The subscription allows access for 3 months.
Programme of Modules :
Trauma , Emergencies and oncall section:
Surviving the Orthopaedic Oncall – How to Manage Common Orthopaedic Emergencies
Upper Limb fractures
Lower Limb Fractures
Common Spinal Trauma & Emergency Spinal Conditions
Common Paediatric Conditions, the limping child and Non-accidental Injuries
How to Approach a Pathological Bone Lesion/Fracture
Manipulation of fractures and dislocations and application of casts
How to survive the Trauma Meeting
Commonly missed Orthopaedic Injuries
Elective Orthopaedics section :
Principles of orthopedic examination
Common optional top-end terms
Common Optional Lower Limb Terms
Spine examination and common elective spinal conditions
How do you read an x-ray?
Suction and injection of the knee and shoulder joints
History and principles of orthopedic transplantation